Window Vinyl Film
Window vinyl film is a versatile option for altering the appearance and finish of a window. This film is essentially a synthetic polymer substance that varies in thickness. It feels like a very thick, dense, but soft plastic covering. The vinyl window can be attached to either the inside or outside of the window and caters to both aesthetic and privacy needs.
Often, window vinyl films are utilised to introduce colour or designs to window surfaces. The primary aim is typically to produce a uniform frosted appearance, akin to traditional frosted window film. This alteration bestows the glass with a hazy look. Undertaking such a change can be advantageous for enhancing interior aesthetics or shielding from sunlight.
These vinyl window films are available with varied features. Options include semi-transparent, matte, tinted, or designed variations. Depending on preference, these films can be applied either to the interior or exterior window surfaces for either decorative or functional advantages.
Features of Vinyl Film for Glass
The foundation and base. Vinyl film for windows is manufactured based on three primary materials or three similar but distinct technologies:
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) - This is the most common and cost-effective option. It offers decent resistance to moisture and UV radiation.
- Polyurethane (PU) - More robust and long-lasting than PVC-based.
- Acrylic - This is the most expensive option but offers the highest resistance to mechanical damage. It's not commonly used.
Easy to Apply
Adhesive quality of the film or the feature of self adhesive vinyl window film. These films come with a factory-applied adhesive layer:
- The adhesive coating might feature tiny air channels. Such products are applied dry using a squeegee.
- Smooth adhesive layer - Used for wet application methods, involving an application solution and a special tool.
Protective liner or backing: This type of film comes with a paper liner. In contrast, window tint films have a thin, clear liner. Regardless, when installing vinyl adhesive window covering, it's crucial to carefully and gradually separate the liner.
Vinyl Window Covering - Essential Points to Note
When choosing window vinyl film, you should consider the following factors:
- Type and Texture: The film can be transparent, matte, coloured, or patterned.
- Film Thickness and Effect: The thickness of the film affects its light transmission. A very thick film will allow less light through, rendering the glass opaque. A thinner vinyl window covering will permit more light.
- Adhesive: might come with a smooth adhesive layer or with air channels – bubble-free.
On our website, we offer various models of vinyl window covering in different coolers and with varying degrees of opaqueness.
Types of Privacy Vinyl for Windows
Primarily due to the inherent qualities of the base material, privacy vinyl for windows has become a reliable and preferred way to ensure privacy. The vinyl acts as a barrier, shielding the view from both sides of the glass and safeguarding personal space and delicate details.
The films offer different levels of discretion, influenced significantly by their material density. A curated list from our assortment of vinyl privacy films is showcased below. For more options, kindly refer to the section on privacy tint films. Privacy for glass is a very personal choice.
We've arranged them into distinct categories:
1- Enhanced Opacity (Tints with Lesser Transparency)
- FG-K/300: Light Gray frosted window tint
- FG-Etched W: Vinyl tint with an etched glass effect
- FG-K/302: Neutral Gray window tint with a frosted look
2- Subtle Opacity (Tints with Greater Transparency)
- FG-Etched -Cl: Clear vinyl tint with a greyish matte undertone for privacy for glass
- FG-51131 -G: Tint with a radiant Light Gold sheen
- Kpmf 51112 -S: Silver window tint with a unique textured appearance
3- Highlighted Picks from our Range
- FG-K/300 -BF: Light Gray tint with a Bubble-Free adhesive feature window vinyl (featuring adhesive channels)
The description provides genuine and unaltered images of the vinyl window tint film as seen in actual settings. What you see is precisely what you get! Prior to finalising your purchase, we recommend reviewing the detailed description of the vinyl window film. This vinyl glass film is a multifaceted material adaptable for numerous applications. It's perfect for aesthetic upgrades, safeguarding, or improving window utility.