Glass safety film is a perfect solution if you want to harden a fragile glass surface
Glass safety films harden glass surfaces and mirrors. After the installation of a safety film, glass surfaces become much harder, do not cave in or vibrate. This allows you to reduce significantly the risk of breaking the glass due to a sudden movement or children's games with a ball.
If a glass with safety film is broken
If a glass with safety film is broken, the film will hold large and small fragments of glass together and keep everybody against dangers of shattered glass. The glass surface becomes like a cobweb, but the fragments do not fly around and above, on the head and in the face. Glass safety film is a reliable protection.
Protection for children according to the standard EN12600
Anti-shatter glass films are mandatory for fitness centres and sports halls, primary schools, schools and other public institutions with numerous glass surfaces and mirrors. The international standard EN12600 has been developed for regulation of the properties of films and the mandatory use of protective films on all glass surfaces and mirrors.
Installation of protection films in apartments and private residences is at the discretion of the owners. Nevertheless, this has been happening more and more often in the last three to five years. Glass is a beautiful material. Despite the fact that it is fragile, it is used in the interiors of private residences very often. Naturally enough that the owners want to reduce the risks of broken windows and mirrors, and to protect their children and themselves from any harm.
In private houses and apartments, clear safety films for glass are usually installed on:
- glass surfaces of interior doors;
- glass doors of sliding door wardrobes;
- flat glass surfaces of bathrooms, shower cabins and cubicles;
- glass windows of winter gardens;
- glass surfaces of terraces and other glass and mirror structures.
Selection tips for anti-shatter glass films - 2 Mil or 4 Mil
Anti-shatter glass films are installed without removing glass details or mirrors from the whole structure. The film is selected according to the size of the glass. The larger the size of the glass or mirror, the heavier the glass. Accordingly, a thicker film is required for reliable protection of a large window.
- If the glass is not very large, for example, 30 by 30 centimetres, a thin 2 Mil (56 microns) anti-shatter glass film can be used.
- For glass larger than 30 by 30 centimeters, a thicker 4 Mil (112 microns) film must be selected.
On which side an anti-shatter glass film should be installed? Is it necessary to install an anti-shatter glass film from both sides of the glass surface?
The film should be installed on the side of possible physical impact. Please install a film to stop glass shattering on both sides if there is access to the glass from two sides (as in the case with interior doors). This will strengthen the glass significantly and protect the space and furniture from shatters.
H2 Facts about shatterproof glass films everybody should know
- Not every transparent glass film is shatterproof. Shatterproof glass films along with all window glass protection films are made of a denser and thicker material, as well as have a very strong adhesive.
- It is possible to remove or to replace a shatterproof film if necessary. However, it should be noted that the process will not be easy. These films have a very strong adhesive, and unlike other window films, they are difficult to remove after complete drying.
- It takes some time for the adhesive to dry and gain strength after installation of the film. It provides the expected safety effect after complete drying of the adhesive only, i.e. after 15 to 20 days.
- Thick glass security films against break-ins and burglars are similar to glass films used to prevent shattering and can be used instead of them. Meantime, shatterproof glass films should not be used instead of glass security films against break-ins due to its inefficiency for this purpose.
- It is possible to use shatterproof glass films together with other window films. Please install a clear safety film as the first layer and then another film of your choice, for example, a mirror film for glass or a solar control window film.
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 (1 Pages)