Comprehensive information about reflective window films
Reflective window films are a great protection against sunlight and solar heat. They provide a beautiful mirror effect. Special aspects and comprehensive information about reflective window films. We offer ten models of different colours and with different degrees of reflection.
All reflective window films are mirror-like and differ in:
- Degrees of blackout or visual light transmission.
Effects and advantages of high quality window films:
- Protection from prying eyes or reflective films for windows privacy;
- Solar heat reflection and protection or heat reflective film;
- Darkening of sunlight;
- UV protection against burnout.
Great opportunities to improve comfort. Reflective window films are a perfect solution in many situations. The main thing is to understand the features and to make the right choice.
Different percentage of VLT, different levels of blackout
Visual light transmission is the key indicator of a reflective film for windows. It is measured as a percentage (%). The higher the indicator, the darker the film. For example, a film with VLT 35 % transmits 35 percent of light and darkens the room for 75 percent.
A film with VLT 20 % is darker than a film with VLT 35 %. Where can these indicators be found? As a rule, they are shown in the technical data in the product description. Please note that the presence of complete technical data is a sign of the professionalism of the manufacturer of window films.
Which colour of a reflective window film to choose? The colour of a film changes depending on the metal molecules used to make the film. The most popular colours are:
- Silver - check silver reflective window films;
- Black silver;
- Clear silver - check reflective mirror films;
- Dark bronze;
- Light bronze;
- Light gold.
The colour of the film affects not only the appearance of the window. The colour affects the shade of the sunlight too. It is like looking through sunglasses. Bright colours provide a milder picture.
The colour of a reflective film for windows is chosen depending on personal preferences. In some cases, it is selected according to the appearance of the entire building.
For indoor or outdoor installation
Depending on the installation method, reflective films can be divided into two types: for indoor and outdoor installation. At the same time, the reflection effect does not depend on the type of the film. Both films for installation indoors and outdoors provide the same effect. Ease of installation is the main factor to consider. Just decide which side of a window is more convenient for installation of the film.
Attention!! Some window designs have recommendations for installation of window films.
Top 10 reflective films
- Omg 20 - a standard reflective window film with VLT 20 %;
- Omg 35 - a bright film with VLT 35 %;
- Omg 20 Ex - for installation outdoors;
- Omg 30 Ex - for outdoor installation;
- Bronz AT 20% EX - for installation outdoors;
- Bronz AT 35 EX - a light bronze film for outdoor installation;
- Omg 10 - a dark indoor film;
- Infinity 35 - a bright gold film with a mild reflective effect.
All images of the products are authentic and accurate. We are sure that these images will help you make a better choice.