Window protection film
Window protection film - we offer 4 mil, 8.12 and 16 mil transparent window films. Full information about protective film for windows. Recommendations and advice, the most complete information.
A special type of films are transparencies of various thicknesses for glass, windows and mirrors. protective window film strengthens glass from penetration, protects from fragments and burglars. Films of this type are installed on glass surfaces in apartments, private houses, offices and other commercial real estate.
Why these films are so special?
These films are made from highly durable, multi-layer polyester. Feature of this type of films
- Completely transparent, invisible and does not change appearance of window
- Have a special, very strong adhesive
- 4 times thicker than other window films, and some 10 times
- Protective films are divided in types by thickness
Window protection films are manufactured according to special safety standards, the most common EN12600 и EN356.
The main property is thickness!
Window film protection capabilities depend on thickness. Thickness is specified in Mil. International measurement system, designated Mil.
One Mil is around 28 microns. For example, 4Mil protective film is 112 microns.
4 types, what to choose and in which case?
The possibilities of window protection films depend on their thickness. The thicker the film, the more force it can withstand. According to their effect and capabilities, protective films are conventionally divided into three types
- Safety window film– thinner protective films
- Security window film - thick, multi-layered protective films for windows.
- Anti-shatter window film – window film protection to enhance glass and mirrors, splinter protection
- Anti-burglar window film - protective films against penetration and burglary
Glass window protection film - you must know
- The level of window glass protection films depends on their thickness. Each film has definite strength properties. It is critical to follow manufacturer's recommendations. Do not wait for miracles and hope that a thin 4 Mil (112 microns) shatter-proof film will protect your windows against break-ins and burglars like a thicker 12 Mil (360 microns) film.
- The price of glass window protection film depends on their thickness too. The thicker the film, the more material is required for production, which affects the price directly.
- Wet installation technology is used to install all of window films including protective window films. However, they will dry much longer due to their thickness. As a comparison, mirror window films dry out in 7-12 days, but it takes 15-25 days. Each film provides the expected safety effect only after complete drying of the adhesive.
- Films do not interfere with eyes, do not darken glass and are not visible on glass structures. See also the section on glass protective films for films with similar properties.
We offer the largest selection of protective films for glass windows for UK users. The most complete and convenient service. You can choose and order films of different thicknesses with delivery to any place in the UK.
- It is possible to get ready-to-install parts available, see section cut to size window film.
- Free tool and assembly solution for self-installation.