Mirror Window Film
Mirror window films are widely recognised for their metallised composition which enables them to achieve a mirrored appearance on window surfaces. These tints possess specific characteristics which not only contribute to their aesthetics but also to their functionality.
Range and Varieties
Our collection offers an extensive range of these films available in silver, bronze, and light gold hues. The most notable ones include:
- Standard 20% VLT (Visible Light Transmission)
- Semi-Mirror 30% VLT
Furthermore, for enthusiasts who demand a more intensified effect, a 10% VLT option is also available.
The mirror-effect window film is favoured for several reasons
- Unidirectional Privacy: They allow one-sided visual protection, preventing outsiders from peering in. View details on the one-way mirror film page
- Thermal Regulation: Effective in shielding against excessive heat. See details in the solar window film section.
- Sunlight Control: These films can mitigate intense sunlight, aiding in glare reduction.
- UV Radiation Protection: They act as a barrier against harmful UV rays.
The denser the metal molecular composition in the coating, the more pronounced its mirror effect. A salient point to note is that the clarity and brightness of the mirror reflection are directly proportional to the film's capability to deflect solar heat. Thus, a clearer reflection means more effective solar heat rejection.
Colour Variations for Mirrored Films for Glass
The tint of the mirror film for glass is primarily determined by the metal used in its production. We offer a diverse range, from pure mirror tints to specific tints such as silver, bronze, and light gold. For UK residents, we facilitate convenient delivery of our top-grade Mirror Film window film with a mirror effect.
Understanding VLT Percentages: 10%, 20%, and 30%
The core technical aspect of mirror films is their VLT percentage. It signifies the amount of light a coating allows to pass through. For instance
Standard 20% Reflection mirror film for glass
Transmits 20% of sunlight and reflects the remaining 80%. This variant is predominantly favoured for first-floor windows due to its privacy benefits and commendable protection against sunlight and heat. Some of our popular models in this category include:
- Omg 20: Miror film for indoor application
- Omg 20 EX: A silver variant suitable for outdoor use
- Bronze AT 20 EX: An outdoor bronze variant
Low 30% Reflection or Semi-Mirrored Window Film
Ideal for those seeking the mirror aesthetic along with sunlight and heat reduction, without overly darkening a room. These are typically used for smaller windows, with dimensions like 1.6m in height and 90cm in width. Our recommended models are:
- Omga35: Silver film designed for indoor installation
- Omga 30 EX: Miror film an outdoor-friendly silver variant
- Infinity 35: Features a golden hue, apt for indoor settings
- Bronze AT 35 EX: Designed for external surfaces with a bronze tint.
Highly Reflective 10% VLT Mirror Window Films
The Omg 10 model epitomises the 10% VLT category, characterised by its remarkable light reduction capability. By allowing a mere 10% light transmission, it effectively diminishes 90% of incoming sunlight. Such a profound effect is seldom sought, with consumers opting for it primarily to achieve the zenith of the mirror reflection.
Primarily, the 10% VLT film finds its application in server rooms, utility spaces, and industrial environments. In residential settings, its usage is typically reserved for special or unique circumstances.
Essential Knowledge about mirrored films for glass
It is imperative to understand that even superior quality internal mirror films, when installed on certain glazing units, may cause minor heat accumulation, inherent to the nature of mirrored tinting. For those apprehensive about this characteristic, it is advisable to choose the external mirror window films denoted with the 'EX' index.
The reflective nature of these mirrored films for glass is governed by the prevailing light intensity. During daylight, the window coating exhibits its reflective properties outwards, while during the evening and particularly at night, this reflection is directed inwards. This is an innate attribute of the mirror effect, and currently, no alternative remedies exist.
Our mirror film is self-adhesive, ensuring ease of application. The installation methodology aligns with the standard protocols for window films. The use of specialised tools and an adhesive solution is paramount. For an in-depth understanding, explore the features of mirrored films for glass.
Offering Premium Mirror Window Tints
The films from our collection boast of their resistance to discolouration, fading, and peeling. Furthermore, our mirror window tints are resilient against moisture, allowing for repetitive cleaning without degradation.
Our Service and Mirror Effect Window Tints
Clients associating with our brand can avail of the following services:
- buy mirror film - With provision for delivery to any designated location within the UK
- mirror film roll - acquire the mirrored films for glass in rolls of industry-standard width
- mirror window film cut to size Facilitating the convenient opportunity to procure and acquire pre-fabricated components ready for installation
- Complimentary inclusion of an additional mirror tint film fragment with each order
A Note on Durability and Application
This mirror film comes equipped with a protective 2H layer, conferring resistance to minor mechanical abrasions. Mirror effect window tints are a versatile solution, catering to a myriad of needs. For a comprehensive insight, refer to the section on 2-way mirror window films.