Security window film
Security window film in 8, 12 or 16 mil thickness. How to choose? Use description and recommendations for choosing! Security film for windows is an effective protection tool. Films of this type reinforce the glass and provide a barrier to burglars. It is used quite often in the UK and far beyond its borders. Used for over 30 years to protect windows in private and commercial real estate.
Window security film - effect and features
These films are installed from the inside or on the opposite side of the threat. Security window films works like a membrane, eliminating the fragility of glass. Glass with a film acquires the properties of TRIPLEX safety glass.
- Glass covered with a film is much more difficult to break. The outer glass of the window will break or crack, and the inner glass, which is more difficult to break with the film. Security film increases the strength of the window several times.
In the event of an attempt to break. With film it is more difficult, with repeated attempts a cobweb will appear. Glass cracks but does not shatter. Security film window binds the pieces of glass together and prevents an entry opening.
What is the difference?
Thickness! The strength level of protection of window film security depends on its thickness. Thickness is the main technical parameter of films of this type. Measured in Mil. Films are available in standard thicknesses of -8 Mil, 12 Mil and 16 Mil.
What thickness of security film window to choose?
It is recommended to select the film according to the size of the window. The larger the window, the thicker the film needs to be used. What do they choose or what are the most popular security films for windows UK?
- For medium-sized glass with an area of 1,8 square meters or less, an intrusion-resistant 8 Mil (224 microns) film is a good solution. This film can withstand up to 35 kg per square meter and this is enough to strengthen small windows on the first floors of apartments, private residences and offices.
- For large windows with an area bigger than 1,8 square meters, a thick 12 Mil (336 microns) protective film should be used. This security windows film can withstand up to 63 kg per square meter and is a reliable protection for large windows.
- It is recommended to use the thickest 16 Mil (440 microns) protective film for very large windows and shop windows. Please note that this film is very thick, and it is advisable to use professional installation services.
If a lower level of protection is required, see the section with more subtle window safety film.
Security glass film for windows installation feature
These films are installed like any window films, but there are some differences
- A harder tool is used to install security glass film for windows. When installing these films, more force is required to remove the mounting mortar. It is advisable to use a harder tool, for example, this РРРР.
- Sometimes, for some customers, we install these films with disassembled windows. The film is installed under the glazing beads. Glazing beads press the film against the glass, this allows several times to increase the resistance to penetration.
- When installing films of this type, like all window film protection, a less concentrated assembly solution (less soapy) is used. Mounting mortar must be thoroughly removed.
Security glass film for windows do not provide 100% protection guarantee. This is an additional layer of protection, but not a 100% solution. Yes, there are YouTube commercials. For a beautiful advertisement, you can stick the film on both sides and in two layers and even in three layers. Such a design will withstand blows from an ax .... But, in life this is done very, very rarely. It is technically difficult to glue the film in several layers, and the price is very high.
Security glass film does not make the window bullet-proof. Yes, for advertising purposes, you can stick three or four layers of film and shoot with a shot, but in life such designs do not work.
Window security film UK - we offer
The most complete selection of films in various thicknesses. On our website, you can choose window security film and receive it with delivery to any place in the UK and far beyond. All films can be ordered cut in ready-to-install parts. Add mounting mortar and installation tool to each order.