The features of window films for external use
External window films are films for outdoor installation. These films are thicker and have a stronger outer protective layer. They are more resistant to different climatic conditions.
Why are external window films used?
- First of all, some glass surfaces are hard to reach from the inside. There can be supporting columns, pipes or other different objects in front of the window that interfere and can not be moved away.
- Sometimes it is easier to install window films from the outside than from the inside.
- Outdoor solar films are 12 to 15 per cent more effective than indoor ones.
The life-span of the external application window film
The life-span of the external application window films is shorter than the lifespan of the window films for indoor installation. It depends on architectural concepts and climatic environment. For example:
- Angle of sun rays;
- Temperature difference within 24 hours (day and night);
- Temperature difference in the course of a year (winter and summer);
- Wind direction, slanting rain, snow, etc.
As a rule, the life-span of the films for outdoor installation is four to six years. For sure, the film does not disappear after this period of time. The film becomes obscure. The breakage of the main components of the film starts. As a rule, the amortization is 15 to 25 per cent per year (this indicator depends on numerous conditions).
Our range of the external window tint films
You can order the following window films for outdoor installation: