Why is one way window film used?
One way window film (also known as one way mirror film) is an effective protection from prying eyes. In other words, by means of this film, you see a person standing behind the window but the person does not see you. One way films are transparent if you look from the inside and create mirror reflection if you look from the outside. These window films are the great solution for glass surfaces and windows of apartments, private residences and offices.
One way window films block visibility and protect from neighbors and passing by people. The films are used:
- for windows and glass doors on the first floor of a building;
- for windows of top floors of buildings in densely built-up areas;
- for windows and glass surfaces of indoor spaces;
- for glass walls and railings of balconies;
- for glass surfaces in special premises of police and security services.
It is important to know! In the evening and at night, one way films reflect in the opposite direction and you need to use blinds or curtains. There are NO ANALOGS of one way mirror window films available on the market!
How one way window films work and what is the effect?
A one way window film is a highly metallized film for windows. Due to a very large number of metal molecules, the film reflects towards a larger source of light and is transparent from the opposite side.
During daylight hours, one way mirror window films are transparent from the inside and reflect what happens outside. However, if you turn the light on in the evening or at night, the film mirrors toward the room and is transparent from the outside. If the light changes, the direction of visibility changes too!
One way mirror film effect and a simple example
During the daytime. After the installation of one way mirror film on bedroom or living room windows, your neighbors will not see what is happening inside. For people on the street, the windows will look like a mirror. Herewith, the windows with one way mirror films will be transparent when looking from the inside. At the same time, everything that happens outside will be perfectly visible.
During the daytime, you will see your neighbors walking in front of your windows, but the neighbors will not see what is happening in the room! From the outside, the windows will look like mirrors.
During the late evening or night. When it is dark and the light inside the room is turned on, everything will be quite the contrary. One way mirror film will work in the opposite direction and create the opposite effect. The inside of the windows will reflect, but your neighbors will see what is happening inside!
Blinds and curtains
Blinds or curtains should be used in addition to windows with 1 way mirror film. During the daytime, one way mirror films reflect what happens outside and are transparent when looking from the inside. The blinds and curtains can be open - the film protects from prying eyes. In artificial light during the late evening or night, the blinds or curtains should be closed.
One way glass film is a great opportunity to keep the blinds or curtains open during the day and to observe what is happening outside
If there is a need to look outside at night, please turn the light off and open the blinds or curtains. This will allow you to see what is happening outside during periods of darkness.
See the models
- Silver mirror film OMG 20% and its equivalent for outdoor installation OMG 20 EX. The films provide a clear specular reflection and reliably protect from prying eyes during the daytime. As an additional effect, these films are excellent protection against heat and bright sun. Optically transparent films that do not darken the room much.
- Semi mirror film OMG 35% and its equivalent for outdoor installation OMG 30 ЕХ. These models are popular for small windows of apartments and private residences. Both models provide light mirror effect and keep the level of indoor lighting unchanged.
- Mirror film OMG 10% very dark. These models are rarely chosen for apartments and houses due to extreme dimming level.
- Bronze mirror Bronze AT 20% EX and bronze semi mirror film Bronze AT 35% EX.
Will the effect be the same if I choose a one way glass film for indoor or outdoor installation?
In accordance with your desire, 1 way mirror films for windows can be installed from the inside or externally. In either case, the effect will be the same. All one way glass films create a mirror effect in the direction of a larger source of light.
What is the difference between one way mirror window films offered by different manufacturers?
Each one way mirror window film differs in its quality and appearance. Some manufacturers provide black or muddy one way mirror window films. After customers install such a product, the glass begins to look dirty and the view from the window becomes foggy.
All one way mirror window films from our range are optically transparent films with clear mirror reflection. All images displayed in product cards are authentic and completely accurate.
You can contact our team by email and receive a free of charge sample to compare our product with different products offered by other manufacturers.