Why solar window films are used at homes?
Solar films for home are usually used if too much sunlight and heat enters through the windows. Solar films darken the windows of the house and reflect solar heat perfectly.
When are solar films for home irreplaceable?
- If the windows of the house are facing the sunny side;
- Too much sunlight enters the house through the windows;
- The sun shines through the windows and heats the room excessively.
Solar films are more effective than curtains or blinds. The films contain metal molecules and reflect heat like a mirror.
What if my room will become too dark?
Do not choose dark films! Get detailed information about solar window films and their features.
Which type of solar films is more efficient for large windows?
We strongly recommend considering the size of windows when choosing a sun protection film for homes. The larger the window, the darker the film must be selected. The larger the window, the more heat needs to be reflected. Please choose dark films with a high percentage of darkening and reflection. For large windows, choose solar window films with 20 per cent transmission of light. For example:
- Omg 20% - for indoor installation;
- Оmg 20% EX - silver film for outdoor installation;
- Bronzat 20% Ex - bronze film for outdoor installation.
Depending on the specific conditions, the possible effect of these films can be 6 to 8 degrees (lowering the temperature during the hot season).
Solar film for homes with small windows
Less dark solar films with at least 35 per cent transmission of light are suitable for small windows. For example:
- Omg 35% - light silver film for indoor installation;
- Omg 30% EX - light film for outdoor installation;
- Bronzat 35% EX - bronze film;
- Infinity 35 % - light gold film.
These window films are light, the effect is not so strong, and the temperature is lowered by 5 to 7 degrees.