Solar window film 20% and 35% and which model
A solar window film provides the most effective protection from the sun. Solar window films have a metallised layer and look like a mirror. The metallised layer reflects solar heat and sunlight.
Depending on the model, these films can remove up to 80 per cent of sunlight and reflect up to 90 per cent of solar heat.
VLT % and IR % are the main indicators of these films
When choosing a solar window film, please pay attention to these indicators. The indicators are measured as a percentage.
- IR % - reflection of solar heat. The higher the IR value, the more efficiently the solar window film reflects solar heat. For example, if the IR indicator is 80 per cent, then the film reflects 80 per cent and transmits 20 per cent of solar heat.
- VLT % - sunlight transmission. The percentage of sunlight transmitted by the film. The higher VLT, the brighter the film. For example, VLT 35%, transmits 30 per cent of sunlight, i.e. darkens the space for 65 per cent.
As a rule, dark solar control window films (i.e. films with high VLT) have high IR too. When choosing films, you need to pay attention to both of these indicators. Try to find a balance between VLT and IR.
Solar control window film: 10 %, 20 % or 35 %
Some window film manufacturers indicate 10, 20 or 35 in the names of sunscreen films. These numbers match the level of light transmission of each film for added convenience of customers.
All protection films can be divided into four groups based on light transmission levels:
- 10 % is a very dark film used in special cases only;
- 20-25 % is a medium dark film;
- 35-50 % is a bright film;
- 60-80 % is a very bright barely noticeable film.
This is a very rough classification based on our long-term experience.
When choosing solar window film, the window size must be taken into account. The bigger the window, the darker film (i.e. film with high VLT) should be chosen.
Solar glass films of different colours
Although manufacturers produce glass solar films of different colors, the choice is quite small due to the complexity of the technology. The basic colours are:
- semi-transparent and colourless heat reflective window film.
Films of these colours are presented in our range and can be ordered in rolls, measured in running meters or cut to size.
Solar films 10-20 per cent help to reduce heat for six to eight degrees and to darken windows as much as possible
Dark and highly metallized solar window films are the most effective sun protection films.
If you have large windows and need the maximum protection from heat and bright sun, please choose dark films. These films help to reduce heat for six to eight degrees. The maximum protection against glare and UV radiation.
For large windows (for example, 1,6 meter x 2 meters or similar):
- OMG 20% - silver film for installation indoors;
- Silver ОMG 20% EX - silver film for installation outdoors;
- Bronzat 20% EX - bronze solar glass film for installation outdoors;
- Silver ОMG 10% - silver film; this is a very dark and rarely used film.
Sometimes these solar films are installed on smaller windows. For example, when the maximum heat protection is required and the level of natural lighting is not so important.
Solar reflective film for windows 35-45%
Semi-dark solar reflective films are usually used for small windows. For example, 1,4 meter x 0,8 meter or smaller. Great choice if you want to remove solar heat, but do not want to darken the room too much.
Our experience shows that these films help to reduce solar heat for five to seven per cent.
- Silver OMG 35% - silver film for installation indoors;
- OMG 30% EX silver film for installation outdoors;
- Bronzat 35% EX - bronze film for installation outdoors;
- Infinity 35% - goldish film for installation indoors.
These films are used to remove solar heat and not to darken the room.
Solar reflective film 50-60 % - to reduce heat for three to five degrees and to get as much natural lighting as possible
Bright films reduce solar heat for three to five degrees and do not darken glass surfaces. Solar reflective film 50-60 % will not provide very strong protection from heat, but will keep the sunlight passing through the glass and keep the light in the room.
- Bronzat 50% - light bronze film for installation outdoors;
- Omega 50 % - light silver film for installation indoors;
- Jubilee 60% - bright film for installation indoors.
These films have a mirror effect, however the effect is expressed weakly.
It is important to know!
Many people think that auto tinting films can be used on building windows too. THAT IS NOT TRUE! As a rule, car window films are black. These films absorb solar heat and do not reflect it. This leads to heating of the glass surface. Please note that tempered glass is used in the automotive industry that can withstand any level of heat.
Decorative and matte films do not reflect solar heat due to the lack of a metallized layer. Look at the technical data and you will see that the percentage of heat reflection is minimal.
Solar reflective films are the films that protect from the sun reliably and safely. They provide the desired effect and protect your windows! Read also about reflective window films with similar properties and efficiency.