External window film - features and applications
External window film - why they use it and what is better to choose. External window films are resistant to climate and weather changes. Films of this type are installed from the outside of the glass, from the street side.
These films are thicker and have a stronger outer protective layer. They are more resistant to different climatic conditions. External window films are widely used in the UK.
Why are external application window films used?
- First of all, some glass surfaces are hard to reach from the inside. There can be supporting columns, pipes or other different objects in front of the window that interfere and cannot be moved away.
- Sometimes it is easier to install window films from the outside than from the inside.
- External mirror window film is 12 to 15 per cent more effective than indoor ones.
Watch this Video
Please remember that external film requires appropriate weather conditions for installation.
- The air temperature is not less than 5 °C
- Wind speed is not stronger than 4 meters per second
Our range of the external application window film
You can order the following window films for outdoor installation:
- Omg 20 Ex- external mirror film20%
- Omg 30 Ex -semi-mirror film for external installation
- Bronzat 20 Ex -bronze mirror film 20%
- Bronzat 35 Ex -light bronze mirror film
Service life of exterior window film in UK conditions
Exterior window films last less than those installed from the inside. The guaranteed service life is usually indicated. Perhaps the film will last a little longer. The service life of external window films in UK climates is quite long, but depends on many factors. For example:
- Angle of sun rays;
- Temperature difference within 24 hours (day and night);
- Temperature difference in the course of a year (winter and summer);
- Wind direction, slanting rain, snow, etc
As a rule, the life-span of the exterior window film is four to six years. For sure, the film does not disappear after this period of time. The film becomes obscure. The breakage of the main components of the film starts. As a rule, the amortization is 15 to 25 per cent per year (this indicator depends on numerous conditions). Exterior window film UK is a fairly popular time-tested solution.
It might be useful