Very thick safety film Kraft Films 12 mil (336 microns)
336 microns thick anti-burglary protective film Kraft Films 12mil is used for very large windows in order to protect homes and offices against break-ins, robbers and vandals. Safety film Kraft Films 12 mil (336 microns) is necessary and suitable for apartments, private residences or offices with very large windows for reliable protection.
Due to its strength properties, this film is very widely used to protect commercial real estate, shops, banking and financial institutions too.
Safety film Kraft Films 12 mil (336 microns) is used for:
- very large windows of first floors of apartments, private residences and offices;
- for uniform glass facades;
- for glass constructions and winter gardens;
- large glass store windows and offices;
- windows of police stations and financial institutions.
The film is produced in accordance with safety standard EN 356 P2А. It is absolutely transparent and invisible on glass surfaces. The lifespan of the film is nine years and more. It does not become blurred or change its colour. 12 mil (336 microns) film has a strong adhesive layer and can be installed on any glass constructions and windows.
Reinforcement 63 kg per one square metre, EN 356 P2A standard
Increased strength of the film: in accordance with the safety standard EN 356 P2A, glass surface reinforced with this film is able to withstand a force of 63 kg per one square meter.
Glass surfaces may crack under the influence of a stone or other heavy objects, a cobweb appears on the surface, the glass cracks, but does not fall apart into separate fragments. Even if the glass surface is large and fragile, the film binds pieces of glass and does not allow anyone to get inside.
In other words, even a glass store window or a large window in a private house will withstand repeated attempts to punch a hole with a large stone or other solid object. How long can the glass withstand? It depends on many factors: the efforts and motivation of vandals or rubbers, destination, etc. Please check more detailed information about protective glass film security.
For large windows. How to determine the size?
12 mil (336 microns) film is used to reinforce large windows with an area 1,8 metre and more. For example:
- Width - 1 metre 20 centimetres, height - 1 metre 90 centimetres. Multiply the width by the height. The area of the glass surface is 2,28 square metres. 12 mil (360 microns) film is preferable for this window.
- Width - 2 metres 15 centimetres, height - 95 centimetres. Multiply the width by the height. The area of the glass surface is 2,04 square metres.
Burglar-resistant protective film 8Mil (224 microns) can be ordered for smaller windows, e.g. 1,8 square metre and less.
These calculations are approximate and advisory. A distance, physical efforts, motivation of vandals or rubbers and other factors matter and affect safety.
Order safety film 12 mil - 336 microns, get free cut to size services and delivery all over the UK
You can order safety film 12 mil - 336 microns and install it without any professional assistance. We offer this film measured in running metres (roll width - 1524 mm) and custom cut window film services according to individual sizes. Just indicate the dimensions of necessary details in centimetres. Our cut to size services are free of charge. Delivery throughout the United Kingdom by UPS couriers.
This protective film should be installed from the inside and cover the glass surface as much as possible. Please make sure that the gaps between the frame and the edges of the film are minimal.
In some special cases, the film can be installed under window glazing beads. To do this, you need to disassemble the window.
- A harder window tint tool should be used during the installation of the film to remove the assembly adhesive.
- A less concentrated solution should be used during the installation of all types of window protection films.
- Physical efforts are required to install this type of film. It is necessary to press the film strongly and remove the mounting solution carefully. Such work is not suitable for women.
Technical properties of Kraft Films 12 mil (336 microns):
- thickness - 336 microns;
- installation temperature - not lower than 5 °C;
- type of the film - self adhesive glass film for installation indoors;
- the lifespan of the film is nine years and more;
- tensile breaking strength ??????
It is important to know
- The film must be removed from the package after you receive the parcel. Please make sure to install the film within five or six days. For long term storage, please open the parcel, unfold the film, put it on a flat surface (liner side down) and press. The film is thick enough. If you store it folded for too long, the liner can come away and an arrow-shaped pattern will appear on the film.
- Depending on the temperature indoors, it may take several weeks for full drying of the film adhesive. Only then the film begins to fulfill its protective function.