Two way mirror films - mirror effect on both sides?
About the properties of two way mirror films and their use. Silver or bronze colour? Which model of 2 way mirror window films to choose? What should be considered in order to make the right choice? Comprehensive information with real-life examples and authentic images.
Two way mirror films in your hands
Why are these films called two way mirror films? These films are like a mirror on both sides. They create a mirror effect in both directions! This is the main feature and the main advantage of two way mirror films. These properties are provided by numerous metal molecules.
Until a film is installed on the glass surface, it looks like a two way mirror film. Depending on the model and the manufacturer, the appearance and the colour of the films may vary:
- Silver films;
- Mirror films with black shading;
- Clear mirror films.
When choosing a film, please pay attention to samples and / or ask a confirmation that the images of the products are authentic and accurate. Please note that there are no unitary standards for double-sided mirror films.
Two way mirror films and the direction of light
All two way mirror films can create three different effects depending on the intensity and the direction of light. For example, a film is installed on an outside window of the room:
- It is brighter outside than in the room - people on the street see the film as a mirror but for people in the room the film is transparent;
- It is brighter in the room than outside (for example, in the evenings, when it is dark outside) - people in the room see the film as a mirror but for people on the street the film is transparent;
- In very rare cases the light intensity is the same on both sides and the film is like a mirror. As a rule, such conditions can be created in laboratories only.
Check comprehensive information about the key properties of mirror films to understand how 2 way mirror films work. Please remember that at night you will need curtains or blinds to protect from prying eyes.
Bronze and silver films
We offer several colours for your choice. You can order bronze mirror films and silver double sided films. Both of them create the same mirror effect in both directions. The colour is the only difference.
Two way mirror films - from the darkest to the lightest
Two way mirror films have a key indicator - VLT or visible light transmittance expressed as a percentage. The higher the indicator, the less light the film passes through. This means that the room will be dark but the mirror effect will be very strong. We offer three blackout levels:
- Very dark and rarely used films with VLT 10%;
- The most popular films with VLT 20 %;
- Light semi-mirror films with VLT 35 %.
Is there any difference if a two way mirror film is installed outdoors or indoors? No, there is no difference. The effect depends on the intensity and the direction of light. The side you will install the film on depends on your preference and convenience.
For installation outdoors
- Omg 20 Ex - double sided mirror film with visible light transmission level 20 % for installation outdoors;
- Omg 30 Ex - bright mirror film;
- Bronze AT 20 Ex - bronze double sided film with visible light transmission level 20 % for installation outdoors.
For installation indoors
- Omg 20 - silver film for installation indoors;
- Omg 35 - silver film for installation indoors;
- Omg 10 - the darkest double sided mirror effect film for windows.