Protective burglar-resistant film 8 mil (224 microns)
Thick safety film Kraft Films 8mil (224 microns) is used to reinforce medium sized windows and to protect your home or office from burglary and thieves. This film is 224 microns thick (strength class P1A) and meets safety standards DIN 52337 and EN 12600.
You can order safety film Kraft Films 8mil (224 microns) on our website. Buy this film for self-installation in order to protect your home or business from burglars. Kraft Films 8mil (224 microns) is an excellent choice for apartments, private residences and offices.
Safety film 224 microns for medium sized windows
- windows of first floors of apartments, private residences and offices;
- glass surfaces of front doors;
- windows and glass doors of balconies and porches;
- basement windows;
- windows of garages and housekeeping areas;
- medium sized shop windows;
- glass surfaces of winter gardens and other constructions.
This protecting film is transparent and does not darken the glass surface. Safety film Kraft Films 8mil (224 microns) has a strong adhesive layer and can be installed on glass surfaces and windows of any construction.
The lifespan of this film equals the lifespan of window glass protection films and is over nine years. The film does not bubble and change its appearance throughout the entire service life.
Kraft Films 8mil (224 mkm) is always installed indoors. If this window film is installed outside, intruders can cut it out, break the glass easily and penetrate inside.
Reinforcement 35 kg per one square metre
8mil (224 mik) belongs to the category of anti-burglar protective films and is made in accordance with the safety standard DIN 52337. Glass surface reinforced with 8Mil-224 microns film is able to withstand a force of 35 kg per one square meter and protect your home or office from penetrating inside.
Medium sized windows with Kraft Films 8mil (240 mik) film installed on them may crack under the influence of a stone or other heavy objects, but the film will remain intact. Even if the glass bursts, the film will hold the fragments, maintain its integrity and prevent penetration through the window. Please check more detailed information about security glass film for windows and technical specifications of the product.
Safety film 224 microns for medium sized windows
Burglar-resistant protective film is used for reinforcement of medium sized windows. Which window can be considered a medium sized window? If the area is 1,8 metre or less, the window is medium sized.
- Width - 72 centimetres, height - 1 metre 62 centimetres. Convert these measures to metres. Multiply 0,72 m by 1,62 m. The surface of the window is 1,16 square metre and is the surface of a medium sized window.
- Width - 1 metre 74 centimetres, height - 95 centimetres. Convert these measures to metres and multiply the width by the height, i.e. multiply 1,74 m by 0,95 m. The surface of the window is 1,65 square metre.
Window film 8 Mil can be used in both cases. Please note that this film can be used for larger windows too, however, it is not recommended since the strength properties of this film may not be enough. It is advisable to buy window glass protection film 12 mil-336 microns for larger windows.
Order safety film 8 mil: free cutting and delivery all over the UK
You can order 8 mil (224 microns) film for self-installation. Our company offers precut window films according to individual sizes. Just indicate the dimensions of necessary details in centimetres. Please check the secure shopping cart of the website where the system will calculate the cost of the order. Delivery all over the UK.
Installation features of anti-burglary film
The anti-burglary protective film should be installed from the inside and cover the glass surface as much as possible. Please make sure that the gaps between the frame and the edges of the film are minimal.
In some special cases, the film can be installed under window glazing beads. To do this, you need to disassemble the window.
It is easy to do using your own resources if you have PVC windows. A window company or wooden window specialists should be invited to disassemble wooden windows. A film installed under window glazing beads is more resistant to external influences. Nevertheless, this process is quite troublesome and is done in special cases and at extra charge only.
- A harder installation tool and a less concentrated solution should be used during the installation.
- Unlike other films for window, physical efforts are required to install this type of film. It is necessary to press the film strongly and remove the mounting solution carefully.
Basic technical data and properties of Kraft Films 8mil (224 microns):
- thickness - 224 microns;
- temperature for installation – not lower than five degrees;
- for installation indoors;
- the lifespan of the film is nine years and more;
- transparent film, neutral colour.
Important to know!
- Please make sure to install the film within five or six days after you receive it. For long term storage, please open the parcel, unfold the film, put it on a flat surface (liner side down) and press. The film is thick enough. If you store it folded for too long, the liner can come away and an arrow-shaped pattern will appear on the film.
- Please note that it takes 7 to 14 days for full drying of the adhesive layer of window glass protection film after installation.
- Depending on the temperature indoors, it may take several weeks for full drying of the film adhesive. Only then the film begins to fulfill its protective function.